Why and what personal data we collect
We collect your personal information for various purposes, such as the following:
Access to and Use of websites and services
- RFID GLOBAL does not collect personal information unless you voluntarily provide it to us. All users may visit the public areas of our website without disclosing any personal information about themselves.
- In order to use certain features of our services, you may be asked for personally identifiable information (“PII”), such as your name, email address, mailing address and similar information. We record only the information necessary to provide you with access to the website or our service. This information is needed for us to comply with security and legal requirements in relation to operating our site — such as passwords, IP addresses and browser settings. When you complete a registration form to create a User Account, we require you to provide us with relevant PII.
- We ask for personal information when you set up a User Account, and collect certain types of information from visitors to our site. We may collect information about activities during a site visit in order to personalize your website experience and collect statistics to help us improve and further develop our websites, products and services.
Responding to your request for information, order, or support
- When you contact us with a request for information or support, to order a product or service, or to participate in a forum, we collect information necessary to fulfill your request, grant you access to the product or service, and to be able to contact you. For example, we collect name and contact information, details about your request and agreement with us, and the fulfillment, delivery and invoicing of your order. We may include client satisfaction survey information. We retain such information for administrative purposes in connection with our business relationship with you.
- When you provide your name and contact information, the registration may serve to identify you when you visit our websites. For ordering products and services, we require you to have registered an ID. Registration may also allow you to customize and control your privacy settings.
Contacting employees of our clients, partner and suppliers
- In our relationship with clients or prospects, partners and suppliers, they provide us with business contact information, such as the name, business contact details, and position or title of their employees, contractors, advisors and authorized users. This information is used for contract management, fulfillment, delivery of products and services, support, invoicing and management of the business relationship.
- When we reference that we use personal information in relation to improvement or development of our products and services, for regulatory requirements, for safety and security, or for product marketing, other than in connection with your request, we do so on the basis of our or a third party’s legitimate interests or with your consent.
Information we collect
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- When you fill out a request for information, we collect personal information such as name and contact information, in order to respond to your request.
- If you have an account and you log in to our sites, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen option cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data, simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited, and expires after one day.
Embedded Content and Media
- If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- Our servers automatically track certain information and generate non-identifying site usage data, such as the number of visitors to our sites. This information is used by our technical and marketing staff to provide a better website experience, but the statistics contain no personal information and cannot be used to gather such information. When you use our site, we may track usage history, such as search history and content viewed, so that you can easily access past searches and content of interest.
Who we share your data with
We may use personal information that you provide to us to personalize your profile information; maintain, customize and add new resources and services; and allow communication and interaction between us, and between RFID GLOBAL and its operating personnel. In addition, we will share the personal information we collect from you under the following circumstances:
- Protection of Rights – We will share personal information if we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, such as a court order or subpoena, or a request by law enforcement or governmental authorities, or such action is appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of RFID GLOBAL, its employees, customers, suppliers, business partners or others.
- Asset Transfers – If we become involved in a merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of our assets, user information, including personal information collected from you, could be included in the transferred assets.
How we protect your data
We intend to protect your personal information and to maintain its accuracy. RFID GLOBAL implements reasonable physical, administrative and technical safeguards to help us protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. We also require that our suppliers protect such information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
The personal information that you provide to us is stored on servers, which are located in secured facilities with restricted access, and protected by protocols and procedures designed to ensure the security of such information. In addition, we restrict access to personal information to only those RFID GLOBAL employees and contractors who need to know this information in order to develop, operate and maintain our services. All RFID GLOBAL personnel who have access to this information are trained in the maintenance and security of such information. However, no server, computer or communications network or system, or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while strive to protect user information, we cannot warrant the security of any information transmitted to us. You acknowledge and agree that you provide such information at your own risk.
Our products and services are not targeted towards, nor intended for use by, anyone under the age of 18. We do not collect personal identifying information from any person we know to be a minor under the age of 18.
How long we retain your data
We will not retain personal information longer than necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is processed, including the security of our processing complying with legal and regulatory obligations (e.g., audit, accounting and statutory retention terms), handling disputes, and for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims in the countries where we do business.
For users that register on our website (if any), we store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What rights you have over your data
You can send us a request to access, update or correct your personal information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a user account, or have posted comments to our website, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we delete any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
You may have additional rights pursuant to your local laws applicable to data protections. In the event you consider our processing of your personal information to be non-compliant with the applicable data protection laws, you can notify us by sending an email to email@example.com.
How to contact us
If you have a question related to our privacy practices or this Privacy Statement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notification of Changes
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. When making changes to this Privacy Statement, we will add a new date at the top of this Privacy Statement.
Terms of Service